The Volvo Truck Center carries out the servicing and repair work for Volvo trucks and keeps their spare parts under control with help of the TORNADO and IPN Paternoster storage machines. With this automated storage system the staff avoid unnecessary activity locating spare parts, as the Software TC2000 does all the work and keeps track of the components.
Volvo has Constructor’s storage machines in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark. In Volvo Sweden, WMS software is connected to the storage machines, which gives the system new dimensions. The next step for Volvo is to connect their other storage machines to the common software, allowing Volvo to archive within one common system, in all the Nordic countries.
"Thanks to the TC2000 system we always have an updated stock inventory and we can easily see the current stock levels. We have a better stock management because we can only pick from the Paternoster via TC2000. Additionally, we have a very low percentage of picking errors."
Tommy Söderström, Spare parts assistant at the Volvo Truck Center
Distinctive feature and benefits:
- The spare parts are delivered to the user with a simple commands
- the user don’t need to walk around and search for a spare parts.
- With large tray (4000x820mm) the user gets 20 % more items in front of him after every command
- comparing to normally tray sizes that are used on the market.
- With Constructor Remote Support Volvo can get support in minutes
About Volvo Truck Center
Volvo Truck Center offers service and repair of trucks and buses, sales of new Volvo trucks, used trucks and buses, as well as additional services such as truck rental and sales of new and used spare parts.
Volvo Truck Center is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volvo Lastvagnar AB.